Friday, January 23, 2015

Sleep With Me


Hello Friends,

"Man is the only mammal that willingly delays sleep," screams the top line of the 25 random facts about sleep created by the National Sleep Foundation. I presume the person who used the word 'willingly' does not own a smartphone or a tablet or a computer or a TV. Or a Facebook account.

Anyway, my job is to tell people how to sleep better. No seriously it is. In the "I get paid to do that" manner. I myself don't sleep that well, but know things that can make one sleep that well. And when I try those things, I do sleep that well.

But as they say, 'It is so simple to be happy, but it is so difficult to be simple.' The days I sleep with my phone 10 feet away from me, I get great sleep. I don't wake up frequently at night, or at least I don't remember waking up that frequently. I do feel pangs of separation for a few minutes when I go to bed, and pure agony as it is, I do manage to convince myself that that's the best for both of us. Too much familiarity, as we know, breeds contempt.

If you are tired of being awake, but can't sleep; or are tired of sleep marathons, but still can't stay awake; or if you just want to hear or tell real or fake, funny or sad, moving or soporific stories about our or your sleep, join us. Let's wage a war together against the monstrous tyranny of insomnia. And make fun of it while we're at it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment